Query OpenStreetMap in plain English! Here are some examples:
- Is there any café in walking distance of Heiliggeistkirche in Heidelberg?
- How many playgrounds does Oxford have?
- What is the closest drinking water fountain from Musée du Louvre in Paris?
- pubs in northern Schwäbisch Hall
- Tell me the distance between Kremlin in Moscow and the Houses of Parliament in London!
This project is a work in progress. Please note:
- Use the correct full name of things including capitalization. E.g. “Musée du Louvre” is better than “Louvre” or even “musée du louvre”.
- The process is still a bit slow for some queries. Please have some patience.
Help improve this project by asking queries and correcting the corresponding query in the machine-readable language (MRL) that is produced. Don’t know what to ask for? Imagine you’re in one of the following situations. What might you want to know?
- You’re planning a city trip (to Leipzig, for example). What do you need to know beforehand? What do you want to know once you’re there?
- You’re new in town and have to get some things done. E.g. send a letter, look for some kind of physician, find some place to play sports, etc.
- You’re researching about interesting recreational places in some town. Where can you have a barbecue, have a drink or play a sport?
- You’re making a map of important infrastructure for some area. What institutions should be on there?
Also take a look at this long
list of tags in OpenStreetMap for some inspiration of what you can ask